INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
Personal data is information that, at the time of its disclosure, can either identify, describe or be associated with an individual, including first and last name, a home or other address, an email address, a telephone number, occupation, personal or family affiliations. (“Personal Data”).
Information you give us
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our Site, search for a product, submit product reviews enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
We will use this information:
- to provide you with the information that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about;
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
Automatically Tracked Information
The Site automatically tracks certain information, such as your domain name, browser type, and pages accessed, while visiting the Site. This information is aggregated in non-personally identifiable form and is used for marketing purposes and for monitoring the traffic our Site is generating. This gives us valuable information on which pages are visited most frequently, and which outside links are being utilised most. We do not monitor navigation patterns outside of our Site, but we do gather information on referral sites that send visitors to us.
We use this data:
- to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Sharing Information with Affiliates and Service Providers
Subject to applicable law, we and our Service Providers (as defined below) may disclose your Personal Data:
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the Personal Data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site;
- to other persons, including law enforcement officials, as permitted or required by applicable law or regulation.
Any access to such information will be limited to the purpose for which such information was provided to the affiliate, Service Provider or law enforcement official. In addition, certain laws give people with governmental, regulatory or supervisory responsibility, and those involved in legal proceedings, the right under certain circumstances to obtain information from us, our affiliates and from our Service Providers, including your Personal Data. Subject to our professional standards, you should understand that we, our affiliates and Service Providers will comply with these laws to the extent we and they are required to do so.
Sale or Transfer of Information
In the event of a sale, merger, liquidation, dissolution, or transfer of part of our business, trade or assets and/or any of our individual affiliates, all information, including without limitation, Personal Data collected about you via this Site may be sold, assigned, or transferred to the party acquiring all or substantially all of our equity or assets or business and/or our affiliates. Subject to your election to opt out as described below, by using this Site, you consent to the sale and transfer of your information as described in this paragraph.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Königsallee 92a, 40212 Düsseldorf, Germany.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
THIRD-PARTY WEB SITES
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to help guard Personal Data. Please be aware, however, that any email or other transmission you send through the Internet cannot be completely protected against unauthorised interception.